Kappa Workstation 5.3003
KAPPA is the leading provider of Dynamic Data Analysis software, training and consulting services. Data are analysed on whatever scale is available, from high frequency, high resolution transient data through low frequency, low resolution rate data in production analysis and on into full field history matching and vertical description using production log and formation test analysis. Released in 2016, Generation 5 speeds workflows, connectivity and provides a powerful platform for the future and automation.
KAPPA-Workstation is an integrated engineering suite which offers analysis and modeling tools for reservoir dynamic data. Our clients told us to ‘think open and think big…’ For this reason, Generation 5 is fully 64-bit, it uses parallel processing for today’s multicore processors and data is fully integrated between KAPPA modules and other programs via OpenServer.
- Simple, interactive 3D click and draw build process
- Automatic gridding
- Full compatibility with Saphir and Topaze
- Direct PDG (KAPPA-Server) data link
- GRDECL and CMG import
- Build and run in minutes
v5.30.03 – 06 August 2020
- Solved spikes in pressure response for multi-linear composite analytical model with large (>31) skin values.
- KW v5.20 files with composite anchors outside the contour could make v5.30 crash upon opening.
- In some situations, a composite anchor outside the contour could prevent Voronoi gridding.
- Fix anchor 2DMap drag & drop.
- Bottomhole gauge conversion would sometimes fail when gauge MD different from reference MD.
- Fixed Spivey changing wellbore storage option for numerical models.
- Solved multiple convergence problems in thermal numerical models.
- Multiphase Edit Q: in some situations, the total rate qt could be non-zero even though computed from component rates all equal to zero.
- Bottomhole gauge conversion with volatile oil PVT was very slow.
- Solved numerical model convergence issues met on DFN combined with double porosity and gravity.
- Could not correctly initialize volatile oil PVT from KBO files.
- Improved CPG vertical upscaling algorithm for very heterogeneous cases.
- Solved hiccups in permeameter upscaling.
- In some situations, Voronoi near-contour gridding could diverge from CPG source grid.
- The settings dialog size used to hide some color scale elements.
- Loading ASCII files with an undefined column in-between the properly defined ones could create empty channels.
- Pressure spikes outside the interpretation range could influence deconvolution results.
- Edit Q create production event command would create multiple events instead of one.
- With gravity used, the other wells simulated pressures was not always output at bottomhole depth.
- Fix display issues for LIT IPR applied in gas injector wells.
- Test design time stepping reset to default after extraction.
- Interference diagnostic tool failed on injection wells.
- Solved convergence issues with trilinear numerical proxy below bubble point pressure.
- Solved spikes on rates and average pressure during forecast.
- Solved a crash when trying to export data from sensitivity plot.
- Oil injectors injected water instead of oil.
- LAS export could cause an error.
- Changing the probe type name in event info (stations tab) could trigger an exception.
- Real time
- Solved issue linked to tool module handling.
- DLIS file update was not always recognized as such.
- Possible extra stations created from DLIS files.
- Data update could cause analysis deletion in PTA.
Added / Modified
- Numerical butterfly proxy model (UR Add-on).
- Improved DFN algorithm to allow gridding of larger problems.
- All module starting splash screens can be moved to background.
- Renamed smoothing parameter to curvature in deconvolution dialog.
- Tidal effects added to test design gauge parameters.
- One can impose a late time slope weight greater than 1 in multiwell deconvolution.
- Added document reference date, time zone and start time of skin steps (time dependent skin models) in XML results.
- Added DST indicator in XML results.
- Observation gauge properties in Test design.
- Tides signal added in Test design.
- Allow N/A input value for Compute Q from rate parameters.
- Real time
- Improved update from DLIS files.
- Improved the behavior when editing data.
- Model Tmax extended (for next generation).
- Weatherford tool modules update.
- ETIM added to modules MRPOUD and MRPOUD2
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.